Special Immigrant Juvenile Status

The purpose of the Special Immigrant Juvenile programs is to help foreign children in the United States who have been abused, abandoned or neglected. This program allows children who are unable to be reunited with a parent to get a Green Card which allows them to live and work permanently in the United States.

In order to petition for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, a state court order must be issued that finds and declares:

  1. That you are a dependent of the court or to legally place you with a state agency, a private agency, or private person, and
  2. It is not in your best interest to return to your home country; and
  3. You cannot be reunited with a parent because of abuse, abandonment, neglect, or similar reasons under state law.

Additionally, you must:

  1. Be under 21 years of age on the filing date;
  2. Unmarried at the time of your application and at the time USCIS makes a decision on your applications;
  3. Be physically present in the United States at the time of filing
  4. Your state court order must be in effect on the filing date.

For more information please contact us at (818) 588-6285 or visit our CONTACT US page.