E-2 visa: Treaty Investors

The E-2 nonimmigrant classification allows a national of a treaty country to be admitted to the Untied States when investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business.
To qualify for E-2 classification, the treaty investor must:

  • Be a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation.
  • Have invested, or be actively in the process of investing, a substnatila amount of capital in a bona fide enterprise in the United States.
  • Be seeking to enter the United States solely to develop and direct the investment enterprise.