Employment Visa/E-1 visa: Treaty Traders

The E-1 nonimmigrant classification allows a national of a treaty country to be admitted to the United States solely to engage in international trade on his or her own behalf.
To qualify for E-1 classification the treaty trader must:

  • Be a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation.
  • Carry on substantial trade.
  • Carry on principal trade between the United States an the treaty country which qualified the treaty trader for E-1 classification.